7. Keep Your Home Safe
And make sure you’re safe when you get home by making your home look lived in while you’re away. Use an app like SmartHome to turn lights on and off remotely. Or if you’re not that techie, a simple home timer that plugs in does the trick.
8. Stop Mail Delivery
Keep mail from piling up by having your mail held at the post office. Stop newspaper delivery or have a neighbor pick up your papers. You can use the US Postal Service's Hold Mail Service. It's easy to use.
9. Careful with the Luggage Tag
Use a laminated business card as a luggage tag so your home address isn’t exposed.
10. Give Copies of Your Itinerary
Leave your itinerary with a friend or family member and check in daily.
11. Reserve all Transport
Reserve hotel, car or ground transport. Planning ahead prevents you being stuck at the airport. Register with services like Uber or Lyft. (Uber’s come to my rescue more than a few times.)
12. Make Use of Room Service
Both smaller and larger hotels have their pros and cons. But I prefer staying at larger hotels that offer room service. Large hotel chains will have card keys and better security as well.
13. Join Loyalty Clubs
Join the loyalty clubs of all the major chains. At certain levels, you get perks, in addition to accumulating points towards free hotel stays. Some of the bigger chains (Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwoods) have choices at all price points.
- Best Western Best Western Special Offers & Current Promotions
- Extended Stay America Save up to $2,500 with the Extended Perks rewards program!
- Starwood Preferred Guest Members earn double, triple or up to 3,000 bonus Starpoints at select Starwood Hotel & Resorts in Europe, Africa & Middle East
- Wyndham Hotel Group TVL - Wyndham Rewards
14. Get a Room With an Interior Entrance
Whatever type of hotel you pick, request a room with an interior entrance and above the ground floor. You want to be near the elevator, but not too close to the emergency exits.
Source: Small Business Trends 25 Travel Safety Tips for Women Business Travelers
Jun 10, 2015 by Rieva Lesonsky
Order your Lil No Peep Peephole Privacy Cover today at http://lilnopeep.com. #Ask4TheSheep